Metalenz is the leader in metasurface optical systems, designing and commercializing components using conventional microelectronics fabrication techniques. We are a venture-backed team of scientists and engineers pioneering research, design, and engineering to transform optical systems. We are partnering with our consumer electronics, automotive, and healthcare customers to drastically advance end-user experiences through improved performance and functionality.
We are looking for an energetic candidate with a curious mind to help us dig into how systems are made and, more importantly, should be made. The successful candidate will be required to lead technical engagements with popular OEMs and suppliers worldwide and work with them to create higher customer and end-user outcomes. The complexity of this role offers a wide range of opportunities for technical and business growth – from conducting detailed investigations in emerging technologies to pitching projects and business proposals.
As an early employee, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of Metalenz and make significant contributions to our technology roadmap.
Based in downtown Boston near TD Gardens, Metalenz is conveniently located across the street from North Station.
● Investigate emerging consumer electronics and automotive applications, ultimately becoming the company’s resident expert
● Lead technical conversations with our customers and partners to understand their needs
● Expose system-level tradeoffs and provide guidance to possible innovative system solutions
● Shepherd internal system discussions on existing and future product investment areas, identifying current limitations and proposing alternatives for future product definitions
● Develop demonstration vehicles and system level validation/test plans
● Create system level collateral (presentations, white-papers, documentation, hardware, software tools) to attract customers and help them rearchitect using our solutions
● Work with the product applications team to support customer integration of components and solutions (which may be composed of meta-optics, hardware and software).
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, applied sciences, or a related field
● 10+ years’ experience in the development/support of system solutions comprising optics, hardware, connectivity software, and application software, e.g knowledge of the entire sensing/imaging pipeline – from camera optics through to the pixels and how data is turned into something that is actionable
● Expertise in image sensing, 3D depth sensing, structured light, spectrometry, or VSM medical devices is strongly desirable
● Self-motivation to seek new technical challenges worth pursuing
● Experience leading technical engagements and system analysis
● Excellent communication to articulate proposals and solutions (e.g. how did you go about architecting the system and what are the merits of the recommendation?)
● Strong interpersonal skills with customer facing experience; proven ability to build trust and environment of collaboration; willingness to incorporate feedback from others
● Experience in the mobile, consumer electronics, or automotive markets
● Experience with coding, in Python, Julia, or similar programming languages and environments
Job Location: Boston, MA
What we offer:
Metalenz is a rapidly growing start-up that offers best-in class benefits.
● We provide competitive compensation
● Pre-IPO stock options
● 100% company-paid medical, dental, & vision premiums for employees and their dependents
● Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
● Employer matching 401k
● Pre-tax commuter plans
● Hybrid working model
● Generous holiday and vacation policies
Metalenz is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, or genetic information.