Senior Program Manager
Metalenz is a growing, venture-backed start-up spun out of Harvard University. Founded in 2016, our meta-surface technology provides complex, multifunctional optical performance in a single semiconductor layer and enables moving large-scale production of optics into semiconductor foundries. As a fabless semiconductor company, Metalenz has partnered with global semiconductor leader STMicroelectronics to develop manufacturing processes for Metalenz’s meta-optics technology for next-generation smartphones, consumer devices, healthcare, and automotive applications.
The company has the exclusive worldwide license to the portfolio of foundational intellectual property relating to metasurfaces developed in the Capasso Lab at Harvard University, and has more than 20 patents on innovations that simplify and improve optical devices across multiple markets.
Based in downtown Boston near TD Gardens, Metalenz is conveniently located across the street from North Station.
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to help us build a world-class company. You will coordinate our Product Development programs through their lifecycle and across multiple disciplines of Design, Process, Engineering, Operations and Applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline required.
- PMI Certification and/or MBA preferred.
- Proven project management expertise.
- Effective presentation skills and experience working with executive leadership.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to influence a broad and global audience of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- 8+ years professional experience.
- Familiarity with optics, optical sensors, VCSELS, and/or embedded cameras desirable.
- Drive technical, operational and quality issues related to custom optical semiconductor devices from the earliest stages of new product development, engineering builds, ramp up and throughout product lifecycle.
- Work with cross-functional team managers to ensure project staffing, schedules, costs and plans are aligned with Project, Customer and Business needs.
- Influence cross-functional teams where there is no direct authority to ensure that business strategies are executed.
- Ownership of product development schedules. Must maintain a keen understanding of schedule risk as a perspective of cross-functional team interaction.
- Responsible for product development lifecycle definition, implementation, and documentation.
- Manage tools and processes used for planning and execution of engineering programs across the company.
- Drive continuous improvement of project management capabilities and effectiveness
What we offer
Metalenz is a rapidly growing start-up that offers best-in class benefits.
- We provide competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 100%, company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, and vision
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
- Employer matching 401k
- Pre-tax commuter plans
- Hybrid working model
- Casual dress code
- Generous holiday and vacation policies
Metalenz is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, or genetic information.